A Pumpkinseed and a Cranberry Walked into a [Crispy] Bar
Adapted from Cooking Light
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup raw green pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package Elyon natural vanilla marshmallows (large or miniature)
- 1 tbls. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups 365 Everyday Value Organic Brown Rice Crisps Cereal
- 1 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pumpkin seeds; cook 4 minutes or until seeds begin to pop and lightly brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows; cook 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in reserved seeds, cereal, and cranberries.
- Scrape mixture into prepared dish using a rubber spatula.
- Use the spatula to press the cereal mixture evenly into prepared dish.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars or squares.
- I store these in the freezer in a plastic storage bag.